Little Happynest is happy to collaborate with Galoop Classes!!
Galoop Is located at 379 Hammond Street Chestnut Hill, MA
BABY SPOT is back!
Fall 1: 9/14-10/22
Fall 2: 11/2-12/10
Our popular program Baby Spot is reopening its doors in our wonderful outdoor space. Baby Spot is designed for babies under 15 months and it is held in the middle of the day — perfect timing for babies that take a morning nap or a nap on the go. Program lead by Ashley Oliver Asquith; an experienced and loved Galoop instructor!
Benefits of Baby Spot:
• We firmly believe (and research shows) that routine is key for young children’s development. The familiarity of the space, the teacher, and the families is a critical part of Galoop’s philosophy.
• Gone is the need to cart around babies and rush to a 30-45 min music, art, or storytime classes — all in different locations with different and unfamiliar people. Our programming will offer everything you look for ALL in one place and our 1.5-hour window allows you to arrive/leave as convenient for you without any sense of urgency.
• Baby Spot is amazing for caregivers as well: whether you are a Mom, Dad, nanny, or grand-parent, you’ll find real friendships and have a wonderful time. Our goal is to become your “home away from home.”
• Throughout the weeks, caregivers will benefit from Ashley’s parenting advice as she focuses on a daily topic and is always there for questions.
• Galoop’s director and parenting expert Cecilia Matson will also be available for parenting advice as needed.
Please note that, due to the pandemic, Baby Spot is held outdoors with rainy-day exceptions. On rainy days the programs will be held indoors with all windows open (Galoop’s indoor space is very well ventilated!). Please see the registration page for more details.
Arrive/leave as best fits your child’s schedule — no more rushing to a 45 min class! Meet other caregivers, form friendships and community, enjoy a cup of coffee, and let your babies enjoy an engaging circle time and explore our wonderful outdoor space and age appropriate sensory activities. Baby not moving yet? No worries! Our littlest babies, and caregivers, can relax, play with individual materials, and discuss all that comes along with parenting.
Here’s our schedule:
12:15-12:30: Arrivals and hellos. Checking in with each other. Individual gathering toys for the babies. You are welcome to bring a lunch.
12:30-1:00: Circle time with songs, props, musical instruments, parachute play, story time, and bubbles.
1:00-1:35: Age appropriate sensory and art activities, free exploration of the many stations throughout our playground. Discussion topics for parents and caregivers.
1:35-1:45: Clean-up and goodbyes